Moving to Boca Raton – Top 10 things you should know
If you are already making plans for moving to Boca Raton or perhaps just visiting Boca Raton or possibly already in the process of relocating to Boca Raton, you may (or may not) find this list particular helpful. So take a break and let Gia and Grant with Palm Beach Premier Real Estate try and put a smile on your face, because you’ve come to the right place – no pun intended J
So, without further ado, if you are moving to Boca Raton or just visiting Boca Raton then here is our lighthearted list of 10 things you should know
- Best Italian Restaurants (and our personal favorites) are Trattoria Romana located on East Palmetto Park Road – the Ossobuco is sensational – Al fresco dining at its best. Also, Renzo’s on Federal Highway (north of Yamato) – if you love traditional Italian fare with Sinatra playing in the background, then this is the place for you.
- Expect to wait before being sat at a table at almost every restaurant during season. It’s really quite incredible to watch, and every night in season is going out night. Oh, and if they say the wait time is 10 minutes, bank on 20+
- Valet Parking takes forever at the Cinemark 20 Movie Theater (formerly Muvico) on Airport Road – now don’t get us wrong, we love the concept of valet parking at the movies, but when you can watch a double feature by the time it takes for them to get your car, then it really does defeat the entire purpose – unless of course, that’s their plan!
- The sun shines every day – even on the few days when it rains
- Best Beach by far is Red Reef Park – and the best deal to be had is the annual beach parking permit (good for any of the City of Boca Raton Beaches) – its $45 for the year! Visit http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/rec/beachpermit.shtm for more info
- If you love Golf or Tennis, The Country Club At Boca Raton (Boca Del Mar Drive) has a great summer membership deal (ssshhh)….(just tell them Grant & Gia sent you)
- Make sure you know the difference between Canasta and Kalooki – two similar card games and both taken far too seriously!
- Boca Raton doesn’t have a South Beach you say….Oh yes it does!….
- Famous celebrity residents (past and present) you may (or may not) see walking around the Town Center Mall: Morgan Pressel (LPGA Golfer), Andy Roddick (Tennis), Bernard Langer (Champions Tour Golfer), John W Henry (Principal Owner of Boston Red Sox and Liverpool Football Club)…Grant just had to get Liverpool into this article somehow!… Donald Trump, Sheryl Sandberg (FaceBook), Rush Limbaugh, Maury Povich and Connie Chung, Marilyn Manson, Chrissy Evert (Tennis), Jeff (24) Gordon (Nascar), Cris Carter (NFL) and Jon Bon Jovi ….to name just a phew!….
- According to Forbes Magazine – Boca Raton has some of the most expensive gated communities in the entire United States: The Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club The Sanctuary and Le Lac – and when you see some of these magnificent Boca Raton mansions you’ll see why J