Hello Everyone and thank you for watching. This is Gia with Palm Beach Premier Real Estate here in Boca Raton Florida with your local market report for DECEMBER 2015.
So here’s a quick take on the numbers that just came out from the Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches
The message this month is that: THE MEDIAN HOME SALES PRICE IN PALM BEACH COUNTY HAS EXCEEDED THE $300,000 MARK ONCE AGAIN!
Per the Realtors® Association of the Palm Beaches the clear message is that:
“We have reached our highest median price activity since June 2015. With the greatest number of closed sales falling between $200,000 to $600,000”
The takeaway for December as we head into 2016 is that although we are still in a seller’s market, December statistics continued to show signs that we are moving towards a more neutral real estate market that favors neither seller nor buyer. If you have been on the fence about listing your property in Palm Beach County, now is the time to contact us about getting your property sold..”
So, taking a look at the local market statistics for last month:
- In the single family homes sector, we saw gains in the following categories year-over-year:
- Closed sales increased 6 percent to 1,527 transactions,
- Median sale price increased 10.9 percent from $275,000 to $305,000, and
- Average percent of list price received increased to 93.3 percent.
- Median days on market decreased to 38 days.
- Inventory levels continued to decline and were down 5.4 percent to 7,086 active listings and down to 4.6 months’ supply of inventory.
In the townhouses/condos sector, we saw gains in the following categories:
- Closed sales increased 3.7 percent to 1,161 transactions
- Median sale price increased 10.7 percent to $155,000.
- Median days on market decreased to 39 days
- Inventory levels continued to decline, down to 6,123 active listings and down to 5.2 months’ supply of inventory.
We will of course continue to provide you with regular market updates.
In the interim, if you are thinking of getting your home on the market, or you just want a second opinion of value or have questions, please give us a call here at 561.395.8418 or email us at Info@PBPrealestate.com
As always we look forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for watching.